01 November 2007

Back Log

So, the reason I started writing this blog in the first place was to bitch about a book. Now I have a shit ton of books to bitch about and I've fallen behind. Damn.

I went back and looked and after I read the Terry Goodkind books (last one in that series coming out this month yo!) I read "The Fairy Godmother" by Mercedes Lackey. Why, you may ask did I go and do that? Well, I joined a swap at Craftster (which by the way is the bestest site on the planet and everyone should visit and revere) where we sent our partner one of our favorite books and a craft to go along with that book. I sent my partner Patricia McKillip's "Riddle Master" trilogy. I loved that trilogy. Highly recommend it. The Lackey book... not so much. It was cute, but it really didn't challenge me. I also found myself not liking the voices she gave to her characters. It seemed like the way they talked and what they said didn't match who they were or when/where. Anyway, I'm sure there was much more I was going to say about the book but I've gone and forgotten. See, that's why I have to hurry up and catch up on all my books, I'll forget if I wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment