02 November 2007

First time for everything I suppose...

I could be wrong, but this is the first time in I can't remember when that I have had to put down a book and just stop reading it because I didn't like it. It wasn't disgusting, offensive, scary, or anything like that. I just didn't like it. It just didn't do anything for me. I felt bored reading it. Not bored in a US History text book kind of way but more like an episode of Iron Chef America that I've already seen. And it wasn't like the plot of the story was familiar or anything, it totally wasn't. I haven't seen the movie, but that's why I was trying to read it. I like to at least try and read the book before I see the movie. They're usally better anyway. So, I haven't figured out yet what it was I didn't like, but I know I didn't like it whatever it was. I've moved on. In fact I've got a lot of bitchin' and praisin' to do. My whole excuse for starting this blog was to write about the books I'd read. Figured it might keep me in practice now that I don't have Dr. Gastle and Dr. Debo to make me do it. Speaking of which, I need to write one of them and ask why my life is suddenly hell and I'm having to learn APA instead of the MLA that I've finally come to know and love? Why does the rest of the world hate it so? Humpf.



"Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer

1 comment: