11 November 2008

Maybe you are and maybe you aren't...

I was totally caught off guard by a previous engagement that I had forgotten I'd volunteered for tomorrow. Thankfully I looked at my calendar. I have to be at the effing parking lot at school at 8:30 AM! Seriously some sort of test of my will power I tell you. Why I thought volunteering for this panel on "the generational divide" in librarians is beyond me. I'm probably right in the middle anyway as far as age is concerned. It is pretty amazing how many kids are coming to library school right out of undergrad. How do they know that this is what they want to do? I didn't even know that this was what I wanted to do until I was 30! They have a whole lot more screwing up to do before they're ready. Or maybe that was just me...

1 comment:

  1. I just ran across your blog... almost random. Saw zoot which is a word which my kids use and...

    plus I saw your blurb about wanting drop a little out of the consumer frenzy and I though OH, I know a good blog for you to read...

    http://frenchtoastfrance.blogspot.com/

    Bonjour et Bon Courage

    ReplyDelete