05 November 2008

Bless their hearts

I love these ladies.

(L-R: Martha, Shirley, President Obama, Mary, Janet)

They are the exception to every single southern stereotype out there. They are the reason I didn't go crazy during the 2.5 years I was finishing my undergrad.



There are others, don't get me wrong. I had a nice little bubble in Cullowhee. But Mary and Shirley (above) were like my surrogate family, for Scott and I and he didn't even work there (though he was there often enough). I miss them a lot. I miss Hunter Library a lot. It's weird how I came to a smaller school, a library school, as a library student, and I don't feel at all comfortable in the library. In my department's building yes, with the faculty of my department yes, but for some reason not in the library.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment