04 November 2008

"Hope is kindled"



Because I really didn't want to have to leave the country. Well, kinda but not really. Apparently I decided to go to bed right before McCain conceded. I'm going to try really hard not to be a total killjoy and just say that I hope Obama lives up to all that people want him to be. He has an incredibly large nation with HUGE expectations for him that he's got to try to fill. There were just screams of joy and honking cars going through my sleepy little neighborhood in JP and my brother in NYC called me from the restaurant/bar where he works to tell me the good news (as they were whooping it up and pouring champagne in the background). Maybe a little bit of hope is all this country needs to start it on the path back to health. (hey, we can dream can't we?)

No comments:

Post a Comment